The City of Austin - Development Services Department is seeking an Environmental Inspection Specialist Senior to conduct both environmental and tree inspection enforcement on construction sites. This position is expected to be in the field nearly 100% of the work day and does not have an assigned office space.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a field related to Environmental Science, Life Science, or Natural Science, plus six (6) years of experience in a related field.
- Graduation with a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a field related to Environmental Science, Life Science, or Natural Science may substitute for experience up to two (2) years.
- Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Certified Erosion, Sediment, & Stormwater Inspector (CESSWI), Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control(CISEC), or Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC).
- International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist.
- Knowledge and experience inspecting temporary Best Management Practices (BMP) at construction sites.
- Ability to travel to more than one work location.
Please click this link for more information and to apply: https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/90815