Raba Kistner, Inc., is a premier engineering consulting and program management firm providing professional consulting services with passion and integrity, to help build a better world for our employees, their families, our clients, and the communities we serve.
The Environmental Scientist II- NEPA Specialist responsibilities encompass supporting and contributing to a successful Environmental Services Division through execution of NEPA, Natural Resources and other environmental services tasks under the supervision or guidance of a Senior Project Manager. Responsibilities include performance of field activities including but not limited to habitat evaluations, data collection, geologic surveys, NEPA analyses, Clean Water Act and Rivers & Harbors Act evaluations and permitting, GIS analysis, technical report preparation, and resource agency interaction. The Environmental Scientist II- NEPA Specialist may also have the opportunity to oversee project budgets, subcontractors and clients to a limited degree and train other Environmental staff on the performance of technical and other job duties.
Employee shall have the following minimum duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct field work and data reduction to support environmental projects.
- Interpret technical information and prepare technical reports.
- Prepare or assist with preparation of registrations, permits and other submittals required by federal, state, or local agencies.
- Perform desktop studies and coordinate with resource agencies to identify project related environmental constraints (TPWD, USFWS, TCEQ, THC and others).
- Conduct environmental construction monitoring for various projects.
- Coordinate activities of subcontractors on assigned projects.
- Conduct and participate in Phase I and/or Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, Geophysical evaluations and other environmental assignments as needed.
- Conduct and/or participate in NEPA and Natural Resources projects as assigned.
- Interact with clients as necessary.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds to include, but not limited to tools, sample containers and equipment.
- Potential exposure to movement of heavy equipment on construction or roadway sites; potential exposure to hazardous dangerous chemicals and solvents, noise, dust, fumes, grease and oils, radiant and electrical energy, and vibration; all of which would require employee to follow proper safety procedures and utilize appropriate protective equipment.
- Position may require protracted or irregular hours. Flexibility to work irregular hours is necessary due to client needs. Work responsibilities require out of town travel to Raba Kistner offices, client offices and project locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Employees shall possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelors degree or higher in environmental science/engineering, chemistry, geology, biology or related field.
- Three (3) - five (5) years applicable experience.
- Practical experience executing natural resources (NEPA, wetland and waters of the US delineations) projects or project tasks.
- Practical experience operating geographic data collection and other scientific data collection equipment.
- Holds TxDOT precertifications for applicable environmental topics.
- Completed formal Wetland Delineation training.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner and skillfully gather and analyze information.
- Proven experience working on multiple projects, producing accurate information while meeting deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of people within the organization and outside of the company.
- Possess valid Texas drivers license and meet companys auto insurability requirements.
- Ability to work independently on a job site.
- Present a professional appearance to best represent the firm.
- Must pass a drug test prior to employment and will be subject to post-accident, random, and reasonable cause testing during employment.
- Comply with all attendance requirements as noted in most current edition of the Employee Handbook.
- One or more of the following qualifications are preferred:
Endangered Species Act Section 7 and Section 10 consultation experience.
- Holds USFWS Section 10(a)(1)(A) permit(s) for species known to occur in Texas.
- Familiarity with traffic noise model and relevant software.
- Holds FAA Part 107 Drone Certificate.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER.
- Certified Erosion, Sediment and StormWater Inspector (CESSWI).
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Key responsibilities and essential functions are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this position.
This position description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other position-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Drug Free Workplace