Construction/Storm Water Field Technician
Verux specializes in storm water compliance and integrated construction management for a broad spectrum of clients. Verux is seeking to hire a full-time Field Technician to perform weekly and storm related inspections at construction sites throughout Northern California, as well as assist with day-to-day operations for this rapidly growing firm.
The primary duties of this position include storm water compliance inspections, water quality sampling, inspection report preparation, and client and key stakeholder interface. This position requires the ability to safely perform extensive fieldwork on potentially difficult terrain, often during adverse weather conditions.
• Safely conduct weekly and storm-related inspections of regional construction sites
• Prepare inspection reports in an accurate and timely manner
• Interface with clients, contractors and municipalities
• Advise contractors of corrective actions required to maintain site compliance
• Assist writing technical storm water documents including erosion control plan design
• B.S. in Environmental Science, Engineering, Biology, Geology, Construction Management or other related field. Candidates with the equivalent in knowledge and experience may also be considered.
• Qualified SWPPP Practitioner (QSP) certification training will be provided to candidates with proper qualifications.
• Excellent documentation, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks.
• Success working independently, and as part of a team.
• Detail-oriented and resourceful.
• Valid California Driver’s License and clean DMV record.
• Clear D.O.T. drug screen (to be completed post offer).
• Ability to lift, push and pull a minimum of 30 pounds consistently throughout an entire shift. Role requires constant bending and reaching.
• Desire to work outside in the elements (summer, winter, etc.).
• Reliable vehicle required, as position demands extensive regional travel (30,000+/- miles per year).
Job Level: Entry (1+ year). Training and certification to be provided as required.
Work Location: Sacramento office with travel to Northern California jobsites.
Salary: Competitive (38-42K/year), based on background, with benefits. Generous reimbursement for the travel in addition to the salary.
Work Schedule: Full-Time